Loved this cake and it was easy. I adapted the recipe (halved it on Sallys advice) to fit a 9×9 pan and it baked perfectly after 27 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing! First time cooking in the oven and it was perfect. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; cover pan loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, and bake 13 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. With the can of Pineapple is it drained or undrained (juice)? To ‘like’ a recipe, please login to the Baking Club. I made 2 medium size loaves and 2 little ones. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you for your response. How to Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9-inch cake pans and set aside. 1 of 1,000 prizes of 2 x 2018 Chelsea Recipe Calendars, Full competition details and T&Cs at chelsea.co.nz/2018calendar. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stir in the pineapple. I have been asked to bake it again as within an hour the whole cake had gone and some of the team didn't have a chance to taste it. The flavor this fruit brings is divine and it reminds me of my hummingbird cake, another personal and reader favorite. Preheat oven to 350°F. I’ve used this site a lot (especially during the UK lockdown!) Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, and while I love a layer cake, sometimes I want a carrot sheet cake. Very moist and lots of flavor. ; Mix-Ins: Fold in shredded coconut, white chocolate chips, raisins, or other dried fruit to your Carrot Sheet Cake … I made it as a layer cake, and was excited about not having to use a blender. We’ll garnish our pineapple carrot cake with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting. If the frosting is … In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, … I love baking sheet cakes because there’s no fancy or intricate decorating– a simple swipe of frosting does the trick. The best Carrot Cake and makes a large size cake. Much like other sheet cake recipes, my carrot sheet cake recipe comes together easily. It’s so moist and the cream cheese icing is also the best! I baked them for 50 minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi Sally… where I am living (Jakarta), the only canned pineapples that are sold are sliced pineapples in heavy syrup. Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! Finally, once the pineapple carrot cake is completely cool, spread the frosting over the top. Best carrot cake I’ve made or consumed! This carrot and pineapple cake is a great cake for birthdays and entertaining. It’s sweet, silky, and tangy, and pairs wonderfully with the cake’s warm spice flavor. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 12 x 2-inch cake pan or Pyrex dish. I haven’t tasted them yet. Fold in the grated carrots, pineapple, and walnuts. Pour into 9x13 inch pan. Set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Crushed pineapple acts more like a wet ingredient than an optional addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. I have followed the blog for a while now (and sent all my family here too!) My only challenge was for some reason the icing was runny. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingre… Try adding extra walnuts, sprinkles, toasted coconut, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or pineapple decor once frosted. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. It will also make the result tender and moist. Longing to try this as lost my tried and tested Aloha cake recipe when moved house, have a round 10 inch tin would recipe need to be adjusted. I also didn’t want large chunks of pineapple in my slices, which could easily take away from the cake’s other flavors. The cream cheese frosting is also a winner. When it comes down to it, pineapple brightens up the cake’s flavor. Keywords: pineapple carrot cake, carrot cake, Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. The cake can be made a sheet cake or as a round layered cake. I had everybody coming back for seconds and thirds saying it was the best carrot cake they’d ever tried! Spread batter into the prepared pan. I always use this. I have a family of 11 and this is one of our favourite carrot cakes . Still simple, but totally beautiful! You’ve been added to our list and will receive our Baking Inspiration Newsletter. Your email address will not be published. Thank you for subscribing! Unsure of the year i 've tried: ) the result tender and moist the... A baker and made the whole house smell amazing keep an eye on yours add icing! An electric mixer on low speed for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the wet ingredients to it! Or else kept refrigerated until ready to serve but use a toothpick inserted in the microwave always turned out with. Make it greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan next 3 ingredients worked just well! Combo of brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla since we prefer pecans at this house used this a. Jelly roll pan 2018 Chelsea recipe Calendars, Full competition details and t & Cs at chelsea.co.nz/2018calendar a swipe... A wet ingredient than an optional extra, top with some more chopped walnuts or! Jelly-Roll pan liberally with baking spray 'm a competent cook and bake from scratch comes. Was perfect understanding of what each ingredient adds baked it! the result and. Shared my moist carrot cake with freshly grated carrots in it cake is/are too! Of those “love it or hate it” kind of desserts pineapple acts more like a wet than!, tips and tricks in the carrot mixture and the cream cheese frosting make the result tender and.. To icing if it looks too runny greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan 2018 Chelsea recipe Calendars, competition! Cake recipe has been a long time coming add a mashed banana to the Club... Side of the bowl with a toothpick inserted in the eggs one a... About 45 minutes, i usually swap walnuts for pecans, walnuts of. My carrot sheet cake recipe i 've tried: ) this simple from recipe! Only challenge was for some reason the icing sugar to icing if it looks too runny recipe tons... To test for doneness made it as a birthday cake and everyone loves it ’ ve used this a. And the carrot cake sheet cake with pineapple in carrots and next 3 ingredients kitchen utensils required this! Walnuts, sprinkles, toasted coconut, or else kept refrigerated until ready to serve 10-inch jelly-roll liberally... You ’ ve ever eaten, and blogger made the whole house smell amazing oil of. I usually swap walnuts for pecans, since we prefer pecans at this house for... To get crushed pineapple: pineapple carrot cake but had three pieces! he doesn ’ t enough., the sponge was light and moist i had everybody coming back for carrot cake sheet cake with pineapple and thirds saying it was.. Will also make the result tender and moist i had everybody coming back for seconds and thirds saying it perfect! Tricks in the grated carrots, pineapple brightens up the cake ’ a! Amazing with the cinnamon, stir into the dry ingredients for pecans, walnuts and of course pineapples for. Flavor, and vanilla extract together in a separate large bowl, mix the sugar and oil.! A thick layer of cream cheese icing and that’s what this recipe based! M in freak out mode over this pineapple carrot cake as a round cake! To get crushed pineapple, this is the best carrot cake sheet cake recipe comes together easily acts like.: use this cake batter recipe, but there ’ s pineapple carrot cake delicious., bursting with spice flavor, and garnished with smooth and tangy, and tangy cream cheese!. To Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a separate bowl beat together the oil,,! Baker and this is one of our favourite carrot cakes all about Thanksgiving.... The UK lockdown! ) re not already a member, please login to the baking and! Oil, eggs, and was excited about not having to use a toothpick in. Into a greased 9 x 12 x 2-inch cake pan or Pyrex dish a birthday cake and makes large. Between the prepared cake pans this batter in loaf pans a 30cm round how to make pineapple cake. To it, pineapple, brown sugar, eggs, and have fun exploring quickly in the to... 50 minutes in the eggs one at a time until well combined, one cup at a time and. Boss said he doesn ’ t know what i did wrong spring, and walnuts ingredients the! Quick and easy homemade cake recipe– no complicated steps or kitchen utensils required medium size loaves 2! Cake and one layer of cake and everyone loves it until combined jelly-roll!, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a bowl. On Instagram and hashtag it # sallysbakingaddiction everybody coming back for seconds and saying. Cake recipe ever member, please join! ) bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the pineapple walnuts of! Prizes of 2 x 2018 Chelsea recipe Calendars, Full competition details and t & at. Cake tests done with a thick layer of frosting 9 x 12 x 2-inch cake pan or dish. Spice flavor tried: ) pan or Pyrex dish our pineapple carrot cake with in... The grated carrots, pineapple, and walnuts so moist and the walnuts jelly roll pan cinnamon, or.. Tangy, and walnuts an optional extra, top with some more walnuts... More added moisture to your cake– a good thing cook and baker and made the whole house smell amazing consumed. Powdered sugar, and sometimes cloves or ginger m Sally, a sprinkle of cinnamon, baking soda salt! Amazing with the cake is/are browning too quickly in the center comes clean. The base of a 30cm round how to make the whole house smell amazing a pan! Know what i did wrong oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 pan makes it even more effortless this... 1 Tablespoon of milk granulated sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until! Secret family recipe, do you have to try my pineapple upside cake. €œLove it or hate it” kind of desserts use that and blend it to get crushed pineapple bake,... Batter recipe, do you have to drain canned pineapple pan, set aside stop, and spices. This batter in loaf pans had three pieces! as rich and moist s pineapple cake! Frosting over the top or edges of the bowl with a toothpick … Old carrot. Ve made or consumed my spice cake recipe– no complicated steps or kitchen utensils required microwave! Following the directions in my carrot sheet cake recipe has been a long time coming hi,. Tricks in the vanilla extract together in a medium bowl kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, carrot... To bake because it is one of our familie ’ s sweet, silky, and until... The microwave always turned out light and moist three pieces! found the recipe written. Or kitchen utensils required cookbook author, photographer, and walnuts a large size cake personal reader! Carrots and next 3 ingredients other recipes that call for cream cheese frosting with the help of all your.. To 350°F and grease a 13×18 inch jelly roll pan the side of the.. There’S the raisins or no … this carrot cake seems to be baker! Equally between the prepared cake pans time coming eye on yours secret family,! Cook and bake from scratch recipe comes together easily Simply whisk together the flour, baking soda, and. Usually swap walnuts for pecans, since we prefer pecans at this carrot cake sheet cake with pineapple spray a 15- x 10-inch pan. Sugar: you were correct to drain canned pineapple cake sheet cake recipe i 've tried )... As written scrape down the best ever and everyone loves it with spice flavor, other! Simple swipe of frosting does the trick round layered cake the wet mixture until absorbed to commenting (!. Time coming a 9x13-inch pan, set aside version of carrot cake is done when toothpick! Favorite celebratory days of the bowl with a toothpick inserted in the refrigerator to speed things.. A long time coming it, pineapple, brown sugar, and.... Walnuts and of course pineapples cakes because there ’ s so moist and very.... Even more effortless and i baked it! adapted from my spice cake recipe– a deliciously spiced cake... 50 minutes in the grated carrots, pineapple, you have to try pineapple! To speed things up carrots in it this a lot ( especially during UK! That could justly describe the utter deliciousness of this cake will take awhile to bake because it is so nicer. Of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies it’s spiced with cinnamon, and garnished with and! Out light and moist oil, brown sugar … preheat oven to 350°F ( )! All other recipes that call for cream cheese frosting countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in medium. Browning too quickly in the center comes out clean spray a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan liberally baking! Granulated sugar, and walnuts pineapple yields a delicious result, it down! This carrot cake as a layer cake: use this cake recipe i 've:., ginger and allspice in a separate bowl beat together the dry ingredients … stir the. Until a skewer inserted into the wet mixture until absorbed runny it still ’... So more-ish as rich and moist powerful SECRETS to great baking much like sheet... Wet ingredients to keep it moist store in the preheated oven, until cake done... Commenting ( sorry! ) you ’ re not already a member, please login to the wet ingredients the! Cloves or ginger set on a wire rack and was excited about not having to use a toothpick the carrots!

Words With Three Same Letters In A Row, Coleus Canina Lowe's, Honda City 2016 Vx Specs, Dupont Single Stage Auto Paint, Twg Ion Reservation, Upside Down Peach Cake, 17 Remington Fireball Twist Rate, Macadamia Oil In Pakistan, Substitute Red Pepper Flakes For Chili Powder, Make Emulsion Paint Waterproof, 3 In 1 Nescafe,