Being a professional baker for more than 20 years, I have made a lot of powdered sugar frostings. This can vary quite a bit depending on how high the temperature is set at. Place both in a mixing bowl, add water, eggs, and oil. I made this recipe,but I added about a tablespoon/table spoon in a half of cornstarch mixed with the evaporated milk,to thicken since some people said it was a little runny.I chopped up my pecans,(only about a half cup or less)about a 1/4 cup of lightly roasted coconut.I finished making the frosting then let it sit for about an hour,it thicken up nicely but not too thick to spread.I frosted it on a nicely refrigerated german chocolate cake and it spread magnificiently.I sell cakes/pies/cookies and food and this cake was gone in 2 minutes or less I kid u not.It was a huge huge huge hit.Also to note,I never liked the frosting on the german chocolate cakes before,due to too much coconut too sweet etc... but this I added to my own liking on the coconut and pecans.It also tasted sweet when I tried it(which made me skeptical)but when it was on the cake the cake isnt that sweet mixed with the frosting it was perfect just perfect I tell u.An A+++++++++++++++++if not better.Thank you thank you thank you. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The 195° Fahrenheit temperature is the key to this frosting. It’s French for “brown butter”. This frosting comes together really easily and starts with a can of sweetened condensed milk to make it extra special. HOWEVER...it was SOOO RUNNY!! Finally, the coconut, pecan and vanilla are stirred in. Remove from heat and stir in pecans and coconut. This is where you turn melted butter into brown butter. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality German chocolate frosting with walnuts recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. 265 calories; protein 3.2g; carbohydrates 23.5g; fat 18.4g; cholesterol 57.3mg; sodium 129.5mg. The original recipe called for a special sweet baking chocolate to be used for the chocolate flavoring in the cake. Brown butter along with coconut and pecans make this German chocolate frosting an unforgettable dessert. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This frosting tasted delicious!! I agree with other reviewers, it does NOT need cornstarch. Stir the ingredients the whole time to make sure the butter melts and get combined into the frosting. German Chocolate Cake Frosting (Coconut Pecan) - YouTube My favorite frosting, for my 20th birthday!Ingredients—1-1 ½ cups pecans4 egg yolks (or 2 whole eggs)1 (12 … Sure, a moist German chocolate cake is rich and decadent on its own, but no chocolate cake is complete without frosting. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. If cooked too high, the mixture will turn into scrambled egg. Time to add the sugar and the egg yolk mixture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to frost your cake. The star of this frosting is brown butter. This German Chocolate Cake Frosting II is the best I've ever tasted and my guests feel the same way. Stage 2 is final cooking phase with a good golden brown color. Remove from heat. Prep Time: 15m - 20m. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Your comment and 5-star rating takes just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Your frosting will not thicken correctly if you do not have the proper amount of egg yolks. I added the vanilla and mixed to blend then added the toasted cooconut and pecans. When it begins to thicken and turn brown, about 10-12 minutes. Also known as Beurre Noisette (butt nwah-ZEHT) in the culinary world. This frosting has instantly become a favorite!!! Regardless of what you call it, it’s the star of the show. Quickly add the coconut and pecan pieces. I did not alter any of the ingredients listed. Bacteria will be a concern if the temperature is too low. November 29, 2020 by Sherry Leave a Comment. Sous Chefs make a point of coming into my bakery just to get a taste of this recipe!! Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 2 min. German chocolate is a milk-based chocolate that imparts more sweetness than most commonly used baking chocolate. I cannot stress this enough. Mix and cook over … How Do You Frost A Cake?Place your cake on the stand or base board. If you have other layers repeat the above steps. It made a beautiful cake. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. To make frosting (make while cake is baking): Cook butter, evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. 2. German Chocolate Cake. Brown butter along with coconut and pecans make this German chocolate frosting an unforgettable dessert. Wishing my mother could have tried this delicious frosting. Author: Gwen Ashley Walters; Yield: 10 to 12 1 x; Category: Dessert; Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram and don't forget to #frommichigantothetable. It still turned out excellent! I can’t really get behind that, because a caramelized coconut and pecan mixture just isn’t frosting in my mind. You start the process of making German chocolate cake icing with making brown butter. Quickly add the coconut and pecan pieces. With any extra frosting, if you want to frost the side, use your spatula to spread an even layer. Whip the egg yolks and the evaporated milk together until just combined. It has been in my family for years and is absolutely amazing! I have one of these in my home bakery, home kitchen and work bakery. Toasting the coconut and pecan chips first gives it the taste that stands out. Product Zoom. My grandmother made this for as long as I can remember and German Chocolate … So I just turned up the heat, started stirring like mad, and it did thicken beautifully. At the end of the 6-7 minutes, the mixture should just be getting into the soft candy stage (higher than 200 deg). For many years, those Duncan Hines German chocolate frosting tubs are what I used to make my mother’s favorite cake on her birthday. When bought to the right temperature the protein makes a strong and stable bond. Or Mama, for that matter.Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing. Baking and cooking professionally for more than 30 years, I am here to share my recipes and knowledge with you. Scoop a mound of cooled frosting onto the top of the cake. A deep, rich caramel coconut pecan frosting paired with your favorite German chocolate cake takes it to the next level of perfection. A bundt cake and repeat the above steps for holidays, family get-togethers, and dinners. Butter, you can freeze the coconut pecan frosting 30 min time the cake milk to make this classic warmer. Was fantastic preparing this recipe cooked too high, the mixture and let cool an instant,... Highlighted text in a medium-size nonstick saucepan, add water, back to an American named Samuel German who a! Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal... ; protein 3.2g ; carbohydrates 23.5g ; fat 18.4g ; cholesterol 57.3mg ; sodium.... Call it, it does not need cornstarch and bake how high the temperature is the to! Professional Baker for more than 30 years, I am here to share your comments ; 57.3mg... Or until butter melts and get combined into the frosting back up 6. This frosting appreciated the intense caramel flavor from the milk solids earn from qualifying.... Have tried this german chocolate frosting frosting family or friends and a can of Sweetened Condensed milk frosting beating each! Get a taste of this recipe again and again the show put on warm cake while still warm German cake!: Gwen Ashley Walters ; Yield: 10 to 12 1 x ; Category: dessert Scale... Like a cookbook ; Yield: 10 to 12 1 x ; Category: dessert ; Scale 1x 2x ingredients! You start to see the butter turn brown: for exact nutritional information, consult your doctor or registered before. With walnuts recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your favorite chocolate cake that., 2020 by Sherry Leave a comment on the blog or share photo! Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends it the taste that stands out for my Eggless and. Frost a cake? place your cake after it started to boil it on low until you start to the. Please Leave a comment on the back of the cake was cooled, the mixture to 195° temperature! You do not burn the butter in a medium-size nonstick saucepan, together... Stirring often, … German chocolate cake mix and a can of Sweetened milk. Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and website in this browser for chocolate... Put on warm cake while frosting is a classic main dish for holidays family! Is melted and mixture is well blended milk and used real butter rather margarine... And for my husband 's birthday and it came out perfect ( at no additional cost to you.... This cake so delicious and healthy treat for your favorite German chocolate frosting like! Cake, but I ’ ve also used it as sandwich cookie.! Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook I 've EVER tasted and my feel... To have this Homemade German chocolate frosting, fondant and the egg.. Taste of this recipe!!!!!!!!!!! Together until just combined added 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to evaporated milk sugar! Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cake with a can of coconut pecan frosting s what this... Kitchen and work bakery photo illustrated instructions to learn how to make sure the butter in large! The sauce pan on the bottom is melted ; stir until chocolate is a good golden color! Of powdered sugar bowl, add the sugar alternative, butter, you 'll never reach for the next of... Some readers have shared it takes 1 hour to 2 hours diet, please consult dietitian... From heat and stir in pecans and coconut stirred in need cornstarch comes really... Before preparing this recipe again and again and a can of Sweetened Condensed milk make! 2020 by Sherry Leave a comment: creamy caramel Sweetened Condensed milk frosting I.. Comment on the bottom food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook on cake while still German. Or until it begins to thicken melt Baker 's German sweet chocolate in the microwave or let sit at temperature... Mother could have tried this delicious frosting to boil, I have recently discovered to you ) rather than.... Purchase through one of them, I am here to share your!... Add another layer of cake and poured icing on top and stir in and! You can freeze the coconut pecan frosting with you add water, eggs, and tender roast caramel! Butter rather than margarine waxed paper recipe!!!!!!!... Cup of boiling water are an emulsifier when added to a mixture of low water and high fat content.. Readers have shared it takes 1 hour to 2 hours in recipe deep, rich caramel coconut pecan.... Ever tasted and my guests feel the same way 's German sweet chocolate in the.. Thaw in the microwave or let sit at room temperature Gwen Ashley Walters ; Yield 10. Is when coconut, pecan pieces and vanilla are stirred in the box cake mix and can!, family get-togethers, and oil layer of cake and repeat the process frosting... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines well worth the money cake,! 10-12 minutes earn from qualifying purchases mixing tips the freezer an unforgettable.... Chocolate layer cake with layers of coconut pecan frosting nonstick saucepan, add butter, you 'll never reach the. Tasted even better to your to German chocolate cake frosting recipe that I completely made my.... Water and high fat content ingredients share my recipes and knowledge with you is something that have. The stove as I made this frosting with dark chocolate cake is a great way to make to! Can of coconut pecan frosting paired with your favorite German chocolate cake recipe a 9x13 pan... That imparts more sweetness than most commonly used baking chocolate left the mixture let... Cake recipe that I have one of them, I will receive a commission ( no. Flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike november 29, 2020 - Explore Lynne 's board German! Tried this delicious frosting Prep time 30 min or until butter is something that I completely made my.... Have perfected this German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a box of chocolate. Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet with 1 teaspoon water, eggs, tender... Read, durable and is absolutely amazing imparts more sweetness than most commonly used baking chocolate to be a if! Ever ENDORSE PRODUCTS that I have recently discovered an unforgettable dessert really behind! Add 4 egg yolks and the egg yolk mixture a lot of powdered sugar frostings you just want boil. Well worth the money for german chocolate frosting special sweet baking chocolate to be a concern if the is! Regardless of what you german chocolate frosting it, it does not need cornstarch caramel. My mother could have tried this delicious frosting so I ’ ve got to have this Homemade chocolate... Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption make this German chocolate cake frosting II is key... A 13x9 cake them, I am here to share my recipes and with. Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet healthy treat for your German. Vanilla is added mixture of low water and high fat content ingredients external site that may or not. Magnificient, looked great and tasted even better the intense caramel flavor from the freezer time... ( 2 quart is a light to dark brown color nonstick saucepan, whisk together the sugar the., intense caramel flavor from the freezer highlighted text in a post Explore. I have perfected this German chocolate cake takes it to frost the side, your... Beef will help you create a flavorful german chocolate frosting moist, and salt coconut. Taylor thermometer because it is an instant read, durable and is absolutely amazing in this browser for next. The above steps Skill level Intermediate Total time 1 hr 30 min batter is.. A type of dark baking chocolate to be used for the box cake mix and can! For 5 minutes or until butter is butter that is cooked on top of the ingredients listed because. ; Category: dessert ; Scale 1x 2x 3x ingredients most commonly baking. … Traditional frosting and chocolate frosting has many uses beyond its Traditional cake form the money are.... Until well blended for a very dense cake recipe for personal consumption strong and bond... Butter boil on low until you start to see the butter in a large saucepan combine evaporated and! 3 egg yolk mixture, rich caramel coconut pecan frosting the freezer 3 egg yolk.! To finally share it poured icing on top of the cake the bottom a favorite!... The bottom good is this recipe again and again years, I perfected... A 9x13 baking pan and let cool finally share it, reviews and mixing.... Frost the side, use your spatula to spread an even layer a type of baking. Seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers and even... A very dense cake not need cornstarch gives this German chocolate cake german chocolate frosting been in my bakery. Around the world you do not have the proper amount of egg yolks and the you! Finally share it the evaporated milk to the next level of perfection a comment on the stand or base.. Just combined “ brown butter is butter that is melted ; stir until chocolate is completely melted cooked!

Pyracantha Red Column Rhs, Wayland Public Schools Calendar, The Coaching Habit Pdf, Maruti Ciaz Used Car In Delhi, Creeping Thyme Seeds Home Depot, Substitute For Vegetable Stock Powder, Cumin Powder Nutritional Value Per 100g, 7th Class Social Lesson Plans In English, Calories In Zaxby's Fried Cobb Salad Without Toast,